Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Rochester smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total control of your Rochester home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore tips to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded video from all linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester by programming schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester
Even though multiple users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Rochester home security system. Call (507) 710-3863 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.