Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having goods left at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you can do something about it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to deter package theft, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Rochester video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now implement detection zones, communicate with whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain immediate alerts whenever a package is dropped off.
The easiest way to understand how a Rochester video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous benefits it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading crime with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your door and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid footage any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can receive instant updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and packages.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is someone lingering at your front door? Bi-directional audio allows you to ask why they’re there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the chance to see live and recorded video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to access them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even let you talk with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.