Ways to cut down on false alarms in Rochester
False alarms may become a legitimate issue for your home’s security. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they might even erode the faith you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you are able to do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Rochester home security system.
First, ensure that everything is set up as intended. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s common that simple miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, check out likely causes of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be kept ajar mistakenly. And finally, you should try to use the various features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Rochester.
Might it be really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Rochester?
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to review the manual. Be certain that all devices are set up properly from your end by:
- Running a system analysis via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually inspect each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Check your schedules and presets to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all integrated smart devices are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Contact your service specialist if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Rochester system. They'll be happy to schedule a trained expert to examine your setup.
Investigate your entry points
When your installation checks out alright, the next course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your entries shut tight, or might there be a few accidentally open? If an entrance is left unsecured, it may activate a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your family constantly fails to shut an entrance, you could implement a smart lock that automatically locks when the alarm goes live. Regrettably, windows take extra manual maintenance, particularly if you have a family member who enjoys to sleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to deactivate that alarm while protecting the remaining areas of the property.
Smart home automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Rochester
One of the best ways to reduce the probability of false alarms is to integrate automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. Then have it automatically set again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to deactivate whenever your smart front door lock is initiated with the correct PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm the alarm if you depart the driveway, then turn off when you return.
- Receive smartphone updates when your devices detect uncommon motion or have need of a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Rochester with a Vivint smart home installation
An enhanced level of command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (507) 710-3863 or send in the following form.