Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Rochester goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will spring to action. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The guideline they abide by is based on the kind of emergency. For example, if the emergency is of a medical nature, one attempt will be made to contact you before help is sent out. If you have a break-in - the most common kind of event - a monitoring agent will abide by these steps to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the touchscreen interface. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t get a response, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Support will still be dispatched even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Rochester
Be prepared for any crisis with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Rochester from Vivint. Contact (507) 710-3863 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.