What you should look for in a home security camera in Rochester
Getting caught on a video recording is the last thing a prowler wants This is the main reason why security cameras are one of the smartest devices to think about as you customize your smart home’s security. Despite the fact that standalone cameras will be effective when configured appropriately, they’re even more helpful when included into your residence’s comprehensive system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Rochester? You’ll be glad to discover these vital elements include more features than previous iterations. You can watch live streams from interior cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with integrated security features from exterior cameras. And you can direct your security cameras easily in the same app.
Powerful features add value to home security cameras in Rochester
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will take your property’s defense to a whole new level. These essential elements of your home security system can be found with an impressive range of features such as 2-way talk, video storage, and customizable zones. Review all of the options available to you here.
- Forceful deterrents: Choose a camera that is able to take immediate action. If odd behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid red ring will form on the outside of the camera’s lens and a loud alert will sound.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision functionality provides clear-cut footage of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will even keep their clarity when closing in on details.
- Video storage: Choose devices with cloud storage options and the capacity to access video right from your smartphone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Rochester are frequently connected to a handy smartphone app. You are able to view real-time streams or recorded segments and even arm or disarm your system. The Vivint App will deliver an alert to your cell phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Built-in motion detection means your cameras will activate when odd activity is detected. You’ll even get a notification on your smartphone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Would you like to touch base with your kids after school? Do you have a stranger at your main entry? Modern surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient bi-directional communications so you can chat with any person within range of your surveillance device.
- Field of vision: Generally speaking, your outside cameras should give you no less than a 120° view. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° views.
- Customizable zones: This convenience gives you the chance to designate the precise area you want your camera to cover. This is beneficial to better define what you watch as you wouldn’t require notifications each time a vehicle travels by on the street.
Design your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Rochester. The next step is to design your own robust Vivint smart home. Call (507) 710-3863 to start or submit the following form to reach out to our security experts.